OBJECTIVES OF THE EOC
- To live and spread a new civil and economic culture, from the youngest to the oldest among us, which Chiara Lubich called “The Culture of Giving”
- To form new entrepreneurs and renew present ones who willingly share their profit to sustain the goals of the EoC:
- to reduce the number of those who are marginalized
- to spread the culture of giving and of communion
- to develop businesses and create new jobs
- to encourage business people who can conceive and live their activity as a vocation and service for the common good, aiming at the marginalized in every part of the world and every social context
- To fight various forms of indigence, exclusion and economic poverty with a double inclusion: productive and communitarian
We are convinced that no form of forced poverty can be cured without including the disadvantaged in living fraternal communities and, where possible, also in the workplace, within businesses: so that those who can, and should work, might have an opportunity, or otherwise run the risk of remaining forever indigent.
In order to make this project possible, The Economy of Communion is working on a vast project of education to the culture of giving, through schools, meetings, formative events geared to young people, workers, business people and citizens.
Lastly, in Chiara’s charismatic intuition (at San Paolo in 1991) a founding and fundamental place to develop and make the EoC visible are the industrial parks in the little cities of the Focolare Movement, of which they represent a vital and generative component.